Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Your Favorite Date

My favorite date was Jason's and mine's first date.  We went to the Bloomington Caves and went spilunking (is that spelled right?) then afterwards had some lunch.  On the drive home the truck we were in hit a rock and it put a hole in the gas tank and all the gas had leaked out within a minute.  We did try to catch some gas by throwing the water out of the drink cooler and catching it (Jason has claimed that was not one of my brightest ideas because now we had nothing to drink, were about 20 miles from home on a dirt road, and no way to patch the gas tank so the gas was useless).  So we began a long walk back to anyone's home we could find along the way.  I had brought along my Dad's .22 and we were able to do some target practice.  We probably walked for 4 hours or so, but I can honestly say that was one of my favorite walks.  We talked and talked and talked and laughed and laughed.  Then and there I realized how great it was to be around him.  Either one of us could have been real complainers with me dumping out the water and the fact that we now had a real long walk ahead of us, but instead we just loved each others company so much it made the other things insignificant. ***Now if you would like, I would love to hear a favorite date of yours***

No comments: