Saturday, April 16, 2011

Commandment #5 for Wife

5.  Thou shalt coddle thy husband, for verily every man loveth to be fussed over.

I love this!  Men by nature are very affectionate and they love attention.  Most men love the expression of touch.  Men loved to be hugged and kissed and fussed over.  I know when my husband is sick, which isn't often, that he loves it when I take care of him and see to his needs.  Men also like recognition when they come home from work.  When Jason and I were first married, I was an affectionate person, but I learned from him, that he likes it when he comes home that I greet him and give him a hug or a kiss or both.  I had to also learn from him that he likes hugs a lot.  This has been very, very good for us.  As I hug him and am affectionate with him I feel my emotional needs being fulfilled at the same time.  His hugs are healing, helpful and full of love.  Our husbands need our attention and our affection.  Pay attention to them, listen to their day, get his favorite treat for him when you are at the store.  Just show him that you are thinking of him and going the extra mile is worth it for him.

No comments: